It Began in 1934
when Palm Springs builder Alvah Hicks gave the area its name. He had recently returned from a visit to Tuscany, Italy where he became enamored with the artisanal stone construction that characterizes that region. Thus inspired, Hicks built seven Tuscany-style homes amidst Palm Springs' rocky hillside outcroppings.
Today, Little Tuscany is one of 50 Palm Springs neighborhoods and is home to more than 700 homes and several businesses. Over the years its borders have been expanded, and now even include a significant portion of Chino Canyon’s alluvial fan.